LPS16 > Objectives
The objectives of the ESA Living Planet Symposium are to:
- Present the progress and plans for the implementation of ESA Earth Observation strategy and the relevance of ESA's EO Programme to societal challenges, science and economy.
- Provide an international forum to scientists, researchers and users to present and share state of the art results based on ESA's Earth Observation and third-party mission data.
- Review the development of Earth Observation applications.
- Present the Copernicus space component and operational services.
- Report on ESA’s Exploitation Programmes (i.e. Climate Change Initiative, SEOM, DUE, VAE, STSE).
- Introduce the current and future planned Earth Observation missions.
- Outline ESA’s international cooperation in the field of Earth Observation.
- Provide dedicated thematic tutorials and demonstrations.