LPS16 > Student Grants
EC Student Grant
The European Commission is pleased to offer grants for European students enrolled in higher education programs (MSc, PhD, PostDoc) interested in attending the Living Planet Symposium 2016.
ESA is managing these grants on behalf of the Commission as part of the Commission’s co-sponsorship of the Living Planet Symposium.
If you are a MSc, PhD or PostDoctoral student interested in applying please check the list of Participating countries to verify your eligibility.
To apply for the EC Student grant, students will have to provide the following information:
- Personal and Contact Information
- CV (pdf), maximum size: 8 Mb
- Copy of your ID document
- Certification from your University (located in one of the Participating Countries) that you are enrolled as a full-time MSc, PhD or PostDoc student
- Cover letter detailing your motivation to attend the Living Planet Symposium, what you hope to learn there and why you consider yourself a good candidate to be sponsored
- The ID or title of the abstract accepted at the conference, if applicable
The deadline for applications has been extended to 05 May 2016.
Click HERE to submit your application
Terms and conditions for participation in the EC student grant for the Living Planet 2016 Symposium
In order to be eligible to apply for sponsorship:
- the applicant must hold one of the nationalities listed in the Participating Countries;
- at the time of application, the applicant must be enrolled as a full-time MSc, PhD or PostDoc student in a University in one of the Participating Countries, studying or researching a subject which is related to one or more of the Symposium session topics;
- priority will be given to applicants who have submitted an abstract related to their studies, thesis or project work, which has been accepted either as oral or poster presentation at the Symposium
The sponsorship will partially cover the participating student’s economy travel from designated departure points to the conference location and accommodation. In all cases students will be responsible for the cost of travel from their hometowns to the designated departure points and back, as well as for the costs of all non-sponsored meals, local transport and other living expenses. They will also have to make their own arrangements for passports, visas, travel insurance and medical insurance. The sponsorship is awarded after the conference as a partial reimbursement of expenses of 300 Euro. Students must obtain and retain the originals receipts for expenses which they seek to have reimbursed. Students must provide all the required documents, confirmations and receipts in a timely manner otherwise they will not be processed.
Students who are selected for and accept EC sponsorship commit to taking the following actions:
- During the Symposium – attending sessions and participating in EU elements of the programme, in particular Copernicus; acknowledging in their presentation/poster that they have been sponsored by EU;
- At the end of the conference – providing email feedback about the event and writing a report about their experience;
Students shall conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to jeopardize EU’s reputation during their participation in the symposium through the EU’s conference opportunities for sponsored students programme. It must be clear that the students are not representing the EU. The EU shall not be held liable for any damage, including:
- bodily injury to, or other impairment of health of, or death of, any person;
- damage to, loss of, or loss of use of any property;
- loss of revenue or profits; or
- other direct, indirect, or consequential damage caused by the student participating in the event.
Students are not covered by any EU medical or travel insurance and are required to make appropriate arrangements for their own medical, repatriation and travel insurance, including coverage for loss of, or damage to, their belongings. EU reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
- Plus Iceland and Norway.